Candlewood Lodge is situated in a Commanding position with Stunning views across the beautiful azure Lagoon and out to Sea through the famous Heads. The Lodge is graded 5 stars by the South African Tourism Grading Council and Superior Accommodation by the AA. Its 6 spacious Guest’s Rooms all have Queen size or twin Beds, ultra modern En-Suites, private patio or balcony and Separate Entrances with all the usual accompaniments..
There is also a large Suite 54m2 with a spacious Lounge and fitted kitchen, separate Bedroom with Queen size bed and a spacious ultra modern walk in Wet room shower bathroom. The guests can relax in the leather suite in the spacious Lounge as they look out across the Lagoon to the wonderful Knysna Heads and through to the Indian Ocean.
The sparkling Pool with its heated Jacuzzi and extensive decked areas in the manicured lawned garden awaits guests to relax and unwind as the sun sets. The Lodge, with its established web site and booking agent’s links, is full operational and can continue trading without any disruption what so ever.
The Lodge has substantially increased its share of the market year on year ever since it opened to a point where we have an above average occupancy throughout the year.
- Real Estate:
- Real Property Included
- Living accommodation:
- The owners benefit from extensive private living accommodation including own Dinning room 24m2 Lounge with panoramic views across the Lagoon to the Heads and beyond 39m2, entrance hallway 10m2 , Master bedroom with spacious ultra modern en-suite full bathroom 32m2. Gourmet kitchen where breakfast for the guests is also served 42m2
There is a separate breakfast room and extensive breakfast terrace with water feature for the guests with an adjoining spacious atrium to sit and relax.
- The Lodge is situated in a premium position in an established residential area affording stunning views across the lagoon through the heads and out to sea from most of the rooms yet within reasonable distance to be able to walk into town but easily accessible and convenient for all amenities.
- Expansion potential:
- We have established dealings with both tour operators and travel agents to provide accommodation to their discerning clients for the smaller groups of between 2-14 people or the single stay executive.
The lodge is positioned at No1-4 on the Tripadvisor rankings for the whole of Knysna. and has been for the past 3 years
We have successfully increased our turnover and profit year on year since we opened.
- Competition / Market:
- The lodge is targeted at the more discerning visitor who requires the services and standards we provide. We do not consider threatened by other establishments.
- Reasons for selling:
- Owners Ill Health.
- Trading hours:
- 2 part / full time staff and part time gardener with additional staff on standy as required
- Years established:
- over 5 years
- Support & training:
- The owner will be on hand to train incoming owners / managers and liaise on all aspects or running the successful Lodge for an agreed period of time.
- Financing available:
- A mortgage for a portion of the asking price could be organized if required.
- Home based:
- This business can be run from home.