Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
We are proud to present this exclusive four star resort, nestled on 19 500m² of pristine land in the tranquil coastal village of Illovo Beach, just 34km south of central Durban. This Blue Chip resort comprises reception area/office, private owners residence, equipped catering kitchen, 40 seater restaurant, function/conference room, games area & poolside pub, heated pool with deck, braai area & lapa, managers residence, fully fitted self-catering chalets, garaging, store-rooms & ablutions, camp/caravan sites and secured beach access - huge potential for further development of the resort OR multi-unit residential development/retirement units with major infrastructure already in place.
Real Property Included
The subject properties are set in a residential/holiday node in the tranquil coastal village of Illovo Beach which forms part of the greater Kingsburgh Township on the KZN South Coast. Illovo Beach is situated between two rivers, approximately 40 km’s south of central Durban. Illovo Beach is easily accessible from the N2 Freeway via exit 133 (Kingsburgh) and exit 128 (Umgababa) further south. Elizabeth Avenue branches off the R102 (Kingsway), which runs parallel to the N2 along the coast line.
The subject properties are located in a quiet residential suburb with tropical evergreen fauna & flora with an abundance of bird life and direct access (across a guarded railway bridge) to one of the most beautiful unspoilt, secure beaches. The subject properties border the railway line to the east, the Milkwood residential complex to the south, and private school across from the resort entrance. The area comprises mainly sectional title complexes with limited freehold residential properties. Commercial properties in the nearby area comprise coffee shops/restaurants, Illovo Nursery, service/petrol station and numerous holiday resorts (ATKV Natalia, Suntide Illovo Beach, Protea Karridene Hotel/resort) with the nearest shopping centres being the Kingsburgh Mall (Pick ‘n Pay) and DSM Mall (Spar).
East Coast Christian College is the only school in the immediate area and is situated across the road from the subject properties, with other English and Afrikaans pre-primary, primary and high schools within a 10 – 12 km radius.
Illovo Beach is a sought-after holiday destination because of it’s golden stretch of unspoilt beaches set between two beautiful rivers as well as the various golf courses/entertainment centres nearby. The area is desirable for families wanting to live outside the city buzz and is also popular for retirees who enjoy the outdoors and is ideally located with the Netcare Kingsway Hospital, Galleria Regional Mall, Arbour Crossing Value Mall, Makro Amanzimtoti approximately 16km’s away and the popular Aliwal Shoal dive site a mere 10km’s to the South.
• Reception Area, Admin Offices & Tuck shop
• Upmarket 3 bedroom owner’s residence with 2 bathrooms (mes), lounge, dining room, study, fitted kitchen and patio
• Air-conditioned Conference Room – 50 PAX
• 2 x Lock-up garages, storeroom and recently upgraded boiler room
• Full Entertainment Area comprising:
Pub – Fully Licenced
Full Catering Kitchen & Restaurant (40 seater)
Under-cover Games Area – Snooker/Table tennis/Foosball machines
Heated Swimming pool
Braai area and Lapha
Trampolines x 2
Beach Volley Ball Court
Wooden playground equipment
• 1 x 2 bedroom houses (sleeps 6)
• 1 x 3 bedroom houses (sleeps 6)
• 1 x 1 bedroom garden cottage (Sleeps 2)
• 4 x 2 bedroom wooden chalets (Sleeps 4-6)
• 1 x Managers cottage (2 bedrooms) Parkhome
• 40 x caravan sites situated in tropical, manicured gardens
• Fully equipped coin-operated laundry / washing / ironing area
• Scullery Area x 2
• 2 Ladies ablution blocks, comprising:
a) 3 showers, 3 baths, 7 toilets
b) 2 showers, 2 baths, 4 toilets
• 2 Men’s ablution blocks, comprising:
a) 4 showers, 2 baths, 4 toilets, wall urinal
b) 3 showers, 1 bath, 4 toilets, urinals
• Staff changing area / bathroom
• 1 family ablution comprising full bath, shower and hand basin
• Fully walled and secured with electric fencing and access controlled gate to the beach
• Security Patrolled beach from 06h00 to 18h30 in summer, 07h00 – 17h00 in winter
• Full inventory of furniture & fittings available on request
• Financials available to qualified, serious buyers
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business