Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Boutique Wine Farm In The Sought-after Hemel-en-aarde Valley
Hemel-en-Aarde (which means "heaven and earth" when translated into English). A wine-producing area situated in the Walker Bay wine district in the Western Cape of South Africa. An estimated 80 kilometers South-East of Cape Town, the region's close proximity to the coast means that it enjoys a distinctly maritime climate. Elegant, cool-climate wines made from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay with a certain degree of Burgundian style is a particular specialty of this region. Smaller amounts of Syrah, Pinotage and red Bordeaux blends are also made here.
It is not often that land becomes available in this prestigious wine-growing region, therefore, this is a unique and rare opportunity to own a boutique wine farm in the sought-after Upper Hemel-en-Aarde valley boasting with International industry-leading wines. The total size of the property (land and buildings) is 60 hectares with a state-of-the-art architectural design, north-facing manor house featuring modern energy efficiency. The property borders the Onrus River on the Northern side with a crystal-clear mountain stream on the Western side surrounded by an amphitheater of mountains, vineyards, and indigenous Fynbos.
An estimated thirteen hectares of the property is planted with the following wine cultivars: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, and Shiraz. All vineyards are dryland which contributes to cultivar expression, terroir distinction with an existing track record for producing award-winning wines. The superior quality, terroir-specific, grapes are contracted to high profile local wineries as well as wineries in Elgin and Stellenbosch. Total potential vineyard land equals to approximately 32 hectares.
Water sources consist of three dams registered with an estimated 91 000m3 capacity. The farm includes the rights to extract approximately 159 000m3 of surface water annually and a borehole with a blow yield of 14 000 L/H for domestic use. High-quality domestic water is supplied from a sophisticated water treatment plant.
- One large main bedroom with his & her bathrooms
- Two guest bedrooms with full en-suite bathrooms
- Two large home offices/studies (one with plumbing provided, potentially a fourth bedroom)
- Large triple volume feature open plan dining room, lounge bar area with feature bar counter and built-in fridges
- Large downstairs wine cellar, suitable for dining
- Very large entertainers eat-in kitchen with three ovens plus steam oven and warming drawer
- Large utility room
- Spacious entertainment area with automated pellet burner fireplace
- Two double garages
- External staff bathroom with shower
- Security beams (internal and external)
- Home automation
- Two large evaporative coolers
- Under roof - 730m²
- Patios, balconies, and decks - 300m²
- Large barn/store area (approximately 450m²)
- All equipment
- Includes a sophisticated water purification system
- Situated in front of the barn
- Consists of two en-suite bedrooms, lounge and open plan kitchen/dining area
- Sized approximately 120m²
- Beautiful modern finishes
- With permission, additional houses can be built on the property (1 per 10 hectares)
- Potential to convert the house into tasting room and/or restaurant
- Vineyards established 2000-2001
- House completed in 2013
- Harvest records, supply contracts can be provided
Real Property Included
Apart from the manor house, accommodation is provided in the form of a flat situated to the front to the barn and consists of 2 en-suite bedrooms, a lounge, open-plan kitchen, and dining area. Size is about 120 m²
Sought-after Upper Hemel-en-Aarde Valley, Hermanus
Hemel-en-Aarde (which means "heaven and earth" when translated into English). A wine-producing area situated in the Walker Bay wine district in the Western Cape of South Africa. An estimated 80 kilometers South-East of Cape Town, the region's close proximity to the coast means that it enjoys a distinctly maritime climate.
Potential exists to plant up to 32 hectares (from the current 13).
The manor house lends itself to exceptional expansion i.e. tasting room as well as culinary delights made from the extremely well-equipped kitchen. Patio's, decks ad balconies for outside entertainment areas. With permission, additional houses can be built on the property, 1 per 10 hectares. The size of the farm is +/- 59 hectares.
Relocating closer to airport
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Trial available.Sell Your Business