This project comprises the development and processing of ferrochrome slag deposits as well as access to material and current old plant sites located in the North-West Province of South Africa. The project involves the decommissioning of an old plant and the construction of additional plants to profitably process tailings.
The seller is looking to sell a 49% share in the project for $11m / ± R175m.
About this project:
• Brownfield expansion project of an old Ferrochrome tailing plant operations
• There is no mining of the material
• Simply loading process from the stockpile to feed bins
• Life of Mine 40 years plus
• Reserves 50million tons
• Breakeven projected at 2.71 years
• Mining permit approved
• MIne site less than 2km from main roads
• Both main two products & by-product of the operations will be transported by road using load haul trucks
• On-site infrastructure includes old plants with a set of buildings, water dams and boreholes.
• Project delivery team is largely in place
• Bank Feasibility Study available
• Full business plan available
• NPV of the chrome tailings project is ± R600m
Additional operational and construction capital required ±R400m.
Contact us for more details on this exciting project.