This 370Ha farm is only 37 minutes’ drive from Port Elizabeth or Gqeberha, with approximately 268Ha in dry land pastures and 102Ha veld. The farm is mainly suitable for stock farming and well equipped for a 250-cow size milking operation which includes the total mixed ration feeding of half of the producing cows. If you are looking to go into the Hospitality industry, then this farm is in the perfect Location. There are 8 well known Game Reserves within a 60Km radius namely, Schotia Safari’s, Addo Elephant National Park, Shamwari Game Reserve, Bushman’s Sands, Amakhala, Kwantu, Lalibela, Pumba and Kariega Game Reserve. During the Covid period these game reserves suffered a lot because their target market is the foreign tourist and there is a big demand in the area for a quality caravan park catering for the local tourist. This farm has stunning views over the valley and you can see the Dunes and sea in the distance which would be perfect for a Caravan or Camping resort with easy access to the main routes and within 13 minutes’ drive from the Southern Entrance gate of the Addo Elephant Park.
The current owners have a lease agreement in place with another farming operation who have in the region of 255 milking cows grazing off the land and using the infrastructure, but that lease will come to an end in August.
The farm has 40 well fenced camps with water to 38 of these camps from 3 boreholes on the farm and two of the boreholes delivering 10 000 litres per hour each, with the third borehole delivering approximately 20 000 litres per hour, supplying 5 reservoirs on the farm which in turn supply the water troughs in the camps. There is about 268Ha of planted pastures of which 16Ha was recently planted with Rhodes grass and 102Ha veldt.
There is a lovely old farmhouse measuring just over 300m², easily accessible from the main road, walking distance to the dairy, workshop and calf house. Surrounded by lush South African vegetation like Bougainvillea, Fig Tree and Hibiscus which attract various birds’ species. The house consists of the following:
- 6 Bedrooms and the main bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
- Large farm-style kitchen, fully equipped with solid wooden cupboards, double sink plus four plate stove and oven.
- Pantry with cupboards.
- 2 Bathrooms (shower, bath and 3 toilets)
- Spacious sitting room
- Zink roof.
- Water tank collecting rainwater.
- Small splash pool for those warm days with outdoor covered patio with braai area.
- Car port big enough for four vehicles.
- Outside building measuring 147m² with 5 rooms and an attic room which is currently used for storage but can be converted into accommodation for AirBnB or the like.
- 7 Staff houses.
There’s two Eskom or power points on the farm with one 50KVA point at the main shed of workshop and the other a 25KVA point at the irrigation dam for the water pumps. They also have a 65KVA tractor driven generator for emergencies or loadshedding.
The dairy or milking parlour is measuring 204m² and the Alfa Laval 16 point swing over with one feed silo tank, which auger feed into the parlour.
The other buildings or structures on the farm as follows:
- Large Hay storage shed 447m² with ample storage for farming equipment like Tractors or Trucks etc.
- Large 348m² shed with closed workshop area and open areas for implements.
- Old Milkshed measuring 177m² currently used for cattle feed storage.
- 6 Deep underground silos for silage.
- One zinc hay or equipment shed measuring 68m² and 3.4m high.
- One Cattle spray with electric motor and pump.
- One Slurry pump and Slurry pit.
The asking price will exclude vat, Livestock and Implements.
We do have an agreement in place with the current owner that we will only show the farm to potential buyers who’s prepared to provide proof of funding or means to obtain funding.
Contact Bertie van Deventer today if you wish to view this high carrying capacity farm.