Are you a Business Owner?
Set up your Private Seller Account and create your listing todayGet Started Here
Hilton Smythe are pleased to have been given the opportunity to manage the sale of this Busy Fish and Chip shop which is an immaculate business with a fantastic reputation amongst residents. This is a superb opportunity to take on a high turnover local business in an area teeming with regular customers.
There has been a Fish and Chip shop at this site since the early 1960’s and the current owner has run it successfully and lucratively for the last fifteen years or so and it has flourished under his ownership with many, many regular customers.
The business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only so that he can take a well-earned retirement and spend more time with his grandchildren and family. He is keen to see his beloved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner.
Ablewell Fish Bar is a traditional Fish and Chip Shop selling;
• Sausage and saveloys
• Cheese & onion fritters
• Pasties and pies
• Cockles and mussels
• Cold drinks
• Lunchtime Specials
The business has many regular customers and enjoys a brisk lunchtime trade from the local businesses that are within walking distance.
Ablewell Fish Bar is proud of its 5-star hygiene rating.
The business enjoys great visibility on the internet via sites such as ---.-----------.--.--, ---.----.---, ---.---.---, ---.----.--- and ---.------------.--.--.---
Scope To Improve
1. Advertising and marketing campaign
2. Extend the opening hours
3. Website ideally with an online ordering facility
4. Maximise the use of social media
5. Introduce a delivery service
6. Explore online delivery options from the likes of Just Eat and Hungry House.
Reasons To Buy
1. A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many regular customers
2. Perfect trading position on a busy main road with parking nearby
3. Includes living accommodation or potential addition rental income
4. All fixtures and fittings included making this a real Turnkey business opportunity
5. Low running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
6. Ideal owner managed or husband and wife business
7. Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
8. Little or no competition locally
Hilton Smythe highly advise early viewing; this great little business is likely to attract considerable interest. An interested purchaser might be advised to visit the business premises at lunchtimes and evenings to observe and appreciate just how busy it is.
Ablewell Fish Bar is Located in Walsall in the West Midlands.
Walsall is an industrial town in the West Midlands. It is located 8 miles north-west of the city of Birmingham and 6 miles east of the city of Wolverhampton. Historically a part of Staffordshire, Walsall is a component part of the West Midlands Conurbation. At the 2011 census the towns built up Area had a population of 67,594 with the wider borough having a population of 269,323.
Walsall is extremely well connected within the UK road network as it is served by the M6 which connects the M1 motorway towards London. There are three nearby junctions which serve Walsall on the M6 motorway, junctions 7, 9 and 10. The stretch between these junctions is one of the busiest in Europe. The town is also served by the A34 road which connects Manchester and the M42 motorway towards London and is connected regionally by the A454 Black Country Route.
Ablewell Fish Bar is ideally situated in a busy main road position and is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage and distinctive blue livery. The business sits alongside a complimentary retail business and close to a busy LIDL supermarket and thus benefits from high footfall along with passing trade. There is two hours, free on street parking immediately opposite and customers could also use the LIDL car park to the rear of the premises.
Ablewell Fish Bar occupies three floors of a semi detached, period style property, is immaculately presented throughout and briefly comprises:
• Windows and glazed door to front creating a light airy and inviting interior
• Fully tiled floor and walls
• 2 pan stainless steel range
• Counter with generous wrapping area
• Wall mounted menu boards
• 3 pot Bain Marie
• Glass fronted drinks chiller
• Range of white base units with drawer pack and complimentary black worktop
• Stainless steel floating shelf
• 4 pot Lincat Bain Marie
• Twin Archway kebab machine
• Single Archway kebab machine
• Extraction system with stainless steel canopy
• Tiled floor and walls
• Office area
• Two Foster stainless steel commercial fridges
• Generous walk in chiller that has been regularly serviced and re-gassed
• Twin stainless-steel sinks with useful storage beneath
• Stainless preparation tables
• Window to side with security bars
• Freestanding stainless-steel shelving unit
• Wall mounted Main Multipoint boiler
With non-slip tiled floor, chipper and rumbler. Door to side passage that leads to the front of the premises meaning that fish and potato deliveries need not be taken through the shop.
There is a useful walk in store which is ideal for storing sacks of potatoes that can be stacked to the ceiling.
With Closed coupled toilet and pedestal hand wash basin with Santon water heater and electric hand dryer.
Above the shop premises is nicely presented and maintained living accommodation comprising;
Cleverly designed to maximise the space available, window to rear, range of base and wall units in a light Oak effect with complimentary black worktops, 4 ring has hob, built in fan oven, sink and drainer with Monobloc tap, space for washing machine, wall mounted combi boiler, breakfast bar, radiator.
A nice comfortable room with window to front and radiator
A good size double bedroom with window to front and radiator
En-Suite Shower Room
Fully tiled walls with decorative dado insert, Closed coupled toilet, pedestal wash basin and shower cubicle with Triton electric shower.
We are advised that Ablewell Fish Bar is being sold as a Leasehold business opportunity.
The existing 20-year Lease has approximately 19 years remaining. The rent is £8328 per annum which is reasonable given the size and location of the premises and the fact that it also includes the pleasant living accommodation.
We are advised that the business benefits from being exempt from business rates
Monday to Saturday 12 till 2 and 4.30 till 10.
The business is run and managed by our client and his wife with the help of 4 part time members of staff.
Ablewell Fish Bar reports an advised current turnover of approximately £338,000 per annum.
If you own a business and are considering selling, visit our Sell a Business section. Limited Free Trial available.Sell Your Business